Connect with us

2-Year-Old Boy Dies After Swallowing On Common Fruit


2-Year-Old Boy Dies After Swallowing On Common Fruit

Any parent’s worst nightmare is to overlook the child they brought into the world. This is why the story is so tragic and heartbreaking.

For Emma and Mohammad in Detroit, Michigan, this nightmare became a heartbreaking reality.

In August 2017, their 2-year-old son died during a regular trip to the grocery store.

The family was on their way to the store to get some grocery items. They could never have expected that the day would end in disaster and tragedy.

Mom Emma Carver has opened up about the day that changed her life forever.

Ayyan Umar, her 2-year-old son, sat in the store cart seat as she pushed it along, stocking up on groceries. She turned around for a brief moment to investigate some cheese, but when she returned her gaze to her son, she noticed his face had turned completely blue. Ayyan had grabbed a few grapes and put them into his mouth.

Anyone with a toddler can relate to this scenario. But when Emma heard her child making loud choking noises, she knew something was wrong.

The horror

The grapes were stuck in his airways.
“I even threw the cheese down and then started banging his back,” Emma Carver told WXYZ TV.

Emma claims she tapped his back repeatedly with full force to get the grapes out — but failed. One customer in the store immediately dialed 911, while another attempted to perform CPR on Ayyan for five to seven minutes.

When the paramedics arrived, they were able to remove one of the grapes, but it was too late — Ayyan had stopped breathing and was dead. The second grape was later removed by hospital doctors.

“I feel like it’s just a bad dream and somebody’s going to wake me up,” father Mohammed says as he bursts into tears. “He sleeps on my chest, I see him everywhere.”

Grapes danger

The family now wants to warn other parents about how dangerous ordinary grapes can be for toddlers, especially if you’re not paying attention at the grocery store.

According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, children under the age of four should never consume whole grapes; instead, they should be divided in length.

In the video below, you can watch a news report about the tragic incident.

Continue Reading
You may also like...

More in Trends

To Top